This CPR training course is designed to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
All assessments for this course have been designed to assess an individuals competence within the Australia Qualification Framework, relevant Training Package, RII, Australian and Industry expectations; as well as Commonwealth and State Legislation.
This is the theoretical component only of the accredited course.
Respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
Perform CPR procedures
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
This course will take you through what you need to know in your first aid training with an assessment at the end.