Explore how to deliver a first response to fire incidents and fire emergencies - ideal for those who regularly work in an environment where there is a potential fire risk or for designated fire wardens or fire extinguisher operators.
- Knowledge and understanding of the process sufficient to recognise fire situations and then determine an action that is appropriate.
- Skills in fire identification, assessment and application of control measures and be able to demonstrate the use and application of a range of first response fire fighting safety equipment.
- Identify and assess the fire.
- Communicate fire emergency details.
- Determine attack or evacuation requirements.
- Basic fire fighting equipment.
- Work health and safety legislation.
- Personal protective clothing and equipment.
- Extinguishing agents.
- Duration: Approximately 2-4 hours.
- Assessment: Multi-choice questions at the end of the course to test your knowledge.
- Prerequisites: None.
- Award: A certificate of participation will be awarded on completion.
Course material with assessment