This course has been developed to assist companies in preparing their personnel to work or visit Papua New Guinea (PNG). PNG is a unique place, with unique customs, cultural elements and climate. As such, it is important for visitors, expatriates and foreign workers to understand so they can respect and appreciate those unique elements. Through understanding, visitors, expatriates and foreign workers are less likely to cause offence and to be safe and more productive.
This course, will take you through theory and a short assessment.
Want to be able to understand the culture and customs of PNG? This Cultural Awareness course will assist visitors, personnel and foreign workers for the unique culture and customs of PNG and assist them in not causing offence and enjoying their experience.
- Understand the principles and techniques required to cope with interact with Papuans.
- Understand the customs and different cultural groups in PNG.
- Understand a little about the history of PNG.
- Understand the geography, regions and uniqueness of PNG.
- Assist in preparing for a respectful and positive experience.
- PNG History
- The Culture of PNG.
- Regions of PNG.
- Different tribes, language and practices.
- Preparing for a vist.
- Interacting in a respectful and positive manner.
- Duration: Approximately 1 hour.
- Assessment: Multi-choice questions throughout the course to test your knowledge.
- Prerequisites: None.
- Award: A certificate of participation will be awarded on completion.