It's very important for everyone to be trained in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and now is as good time as any to brush up on your CPR skills and ensure you’ll be ready in the event of an incident.
The Chorck Marketplace with the help of Harness Energy has made the CPR theory course available completely free of charge. Having your CPR knowledge up to date is beneficial for the safety of your colleagues, loved ones and anyone who you come in contact with.
You may be surprised to learn the CPR guidelines have changed in the past few years and what you learnt 10 years ago is out of date, new research has seen the emphasis shift from breathing and airway maintenance to compressions. Medical professionals now promote that circulating blood to the brain, even if it isn’t fully aerated, is better than having the blood aerated but not delivering it fast enough to the brain.
More than a decade ago the recommended CPR sequence was two breath for every fifteen compressions. The current CPR program teaches two breaths for every thirty compressions.
This significant change is why the Chorck team believes that everyone should have access to this crucial course.
In January 2016 the Australian and New Zealand Committee of Resuscitation (ANZCOR) made the following recommendations outlined in Section 8 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation:
1. Rescuers must start CPR if the person is unresponsive and not breathing normally.
2. Bystander CPR should be actively encouraged.
3. Compression-to-ventilation ratio be 30:2 for all ages.
4. All rescuers perform chest compressions for all who are not breathing normally. Rescuers who are trained and willing to give rescue breaths are encouraged to do so.
5. Chest compressions should be provided at a rate of approximately 100 – 120 /min.
6. Rescuers should aim to minimise interruptions to chest compressions.
The Harness Energy RTO CPR training course is designed to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
The self-paced CPR Theory module is available for immediate start in the Chorck Marketplace. Help us create a safer environment and share this free resource with your colleagues, friends and family.
Harness Energy offers the full course and the CPR practical assessment face to face on a regular basis, please contact Harness Energy to book in for the next available practical to complete your CPR course in full.